Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Ship of Fools


The Ship of Fools
Oil on Linen, 52" x 62"
1996
Some old work...
This painting was done 12 years ago.
I had fun doing this, I worked out of my
head a lot during this time period.



Samson and Delilah
Oil on Linen
40" x 50"
1995
I did this painting based on the story of Samson and Delilah.
I thought of Delilah as the classic femme fatale from the film noir era.
Samson is taking the fall, he fell for the lady in red and she betrayed him.
The view point is from Samson just before they take his eyes out.
If you think this is violent, check out Rembrandt's version, that is one amazing painting with a lot of gore.

1 comment:

innisart said...

Hey Jeff- These are pretty cool! It's neat seeing the variety in your work.

It was great "meeting" you this year.

Happy Holidays!

Matt