Saturday, July 19, 2008

Early Morning, Fall/Vermont


Fall in Vermont
Oil on Linen
14" x 20"

I worked on this some more, I was not happy with the area in the middle of the painting as it was pulling to much towards yellow and was creating this problem and pulling forward instead of back into the hills.
It was also in the middle of the painting and seemed to make this yellow hole in the middle of the composition. What was I thinking! Sometimes one has to be ruthless.

I feel this is more unified as a composition. I could keep working on the painting but feel good about it for now.



Fall in Vermont (older version)
Oil on Linen
14" x 20"

I did this from a outdoor study.
It went through a lot changes as the original study had
fog an low clouds in it.

Sometimes one just has to invent, compose as they say.

No comments: